Friday, April 11, 2008

Scrabble People

I'm heading out to see Smart People. If you're talking "wide" releases I'm a totally star-driven ticket buyer and I love SJP and Dennis Quaid. Thomas Hayden Church and Ellen Page are fine. I'm not super hopeful but whatevs. Defamer said it best about the advertisements for Smart People
...which, judging from the preview, looks too dumb for smart people and too boring for dumb people
Exactly. But I'll go. In fact the poster reminded me that I was late making my moves on my latest games of Scrabulous on Facebook. I can't stop.

I love Scrabble, l-o-v-e. I don't care if you think that makes me nerdy. I'm actually better @ Boggle but Scrabble is more social as word-freak board games go. So here is a board I whipped up for Smart People's release. I tried to use every letter and only words that you could actually use in Scrabble and that reminded me of the movie or the stars involved...

I did end up cheating a bit. You can't really use "Meathead" in Scrabble but it described Thomas Hayden Church too well to pass up. Any sexual words that look out of place you can attribute to my impure thoughts regarding Dennis Quaid. What? Like you wouldn't.

Okay okay, nitpickers. I didn't use all the letters.


You try making words out of that.
*

5 comments:

Peter Chan said...

lol, I'm also a Scrabble fanatic. Did you know you can the only word that can fit across the board using 15 different letters is 'uncopyrightable'? :P

NicksFlickPicks said...

And that "feedback" is the shortest word in the English language that uses all the letters from A-F?

N, I would totally allow "meathead" in a game of Scrabble. Surely a genre of person, like nitpicker, and not just a Rob Reiner Creation.

Also, those letters left over could be the Word Verification for these comments, if you decided to turn that function on, and you would be SET.

Brian Darr said...

"Meathead" is a perfectly acceptable scrabble word- you can just build "meat" onto "head" or vice versa...

adam k. said...

Ooh, so this means I can start more games of Scrabulous with you and not feed weird about it. Even though you totally beat me last time, as I recall...

I've gotten better, though. Rematch!

Anonymous said...

you could have added "fit" at that bottom T near the triple word score! ;o)

scrabulous has been my downfall... I spend waaaay too much time on facebook trying to figure out how I'm finally going to beat my dad! :p

so... feedback!!! how was the movie?